Signs of Needing Root Canal Therapy
A root canal is simply the space – or canal – that’s within the root of a tooth. Infected root canals are one of the most commonly occurring dental problems. Symptoms that indicate you might need root canal therapy include:
• Pain when biting or chewing food
• Very painful toothache that keeps you up at night
• Pain that begins in the tooth and can spread to the jaw, ear, head etc.
• Dental conditions like tooth decay, a chipped tooth or a broken tooth
• Moderate to severe lingering toothache that may throb and be sensitive to hot and cold elements
• Swelling or tenderness in your gum that may, upon applying pressure, release blood or pus
Because the symptoms of extensive pulpal nerve damage are similar to various other dental conditions like gum disease and tooth decay, it is important to get a thorough oral evaluation to discover if root canal therapy is really necessary for you.